- 1. Getting started
- 2. Working with the assessment
- 3. Generating your personalised collaboration action plan report
1. Getting started
1.1 About the collaboration maturity acceleration assessment
What is the purpose of the assessment?
This tool is designed to help you gauge your organization's current level of competency regarding collaboration initiatives (whether you have already started with an explicit collaboration initiative or not), and its ability to get the most value out of collaboration. Through the use of an interactive self-assessment, it assesses your organization's capabilities in five key sections:
- Organization - This section examines how well your organization is set up to support collaboration, taking into account the degree of freedom and flexibility extended to individuals to identify and bring together the necessary people and resources to make key business decisions.
- Strategy - In this section, we assess the depth of the strategy behind your organization's collaboration initiative, identifying the measures and resources that have been put in place to ensure that the initiative is able to succeed in the long term.
- Technology - In this section, we look at how well-aligned the collaboration technology is with your organization's broader strategies and processes, as well as the depth of integration with existing technologies.
- Governance - In this section, we address the need for clearly defined, articulated and understood guidelines, policies and processes to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day activities as your organization seeks to become a more collaborative business.
- Adoption readiness - In this section, we look at what is being done within your organization to deliberately drive adoption in the right ways.
You then have the option to download a high-quality PDF report. Unique to your organization, this personalised action plan report will analyse your self-assessment information to provide you with a plan that will advise you on next steps to improve your maturity, as well as providing a detailed analysis of your competency levels benchmarked against other organizations of a similar size, in the same industry, and in the same geographical region.
How is the collected data used?
We have created this tool as a way of gauging industry maturity in this area. It helps us to understand the current status of collaboration maturity, and over time, will help us monitor trends. We do not look at individual responses - all reports and analyses work from anonymised, aggregated data. Please see the privacy section in this FAQ for further details.
What does the assessment provide?
Following completion of the self-assessment questionnaire, we analyse your responses and provide you with an online scoresheet that presents your score in the different dimensions on a spider diagram to provide you with an overall perspective on your collaboration competency levels.
If you want to get more detailed benchmark information and find out how your current competency levels affect your collaboration strategy, you can then opt to generate a personalised action plan. This PDF report shows benchmarks that compare your readiness against other organizations of a similar size, in the same industry, and in the same geographical region. As well as this, your action plan highlights a set of crucial next steps you will need to take in order to improve your collaboration readiness and maturity.
Do I need to download and install any software?
No. The assessment is completely browser-based. If you decide to download your collaboration action plan report you will require the Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to read your report. The Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from Adobe here.
Is there any limit on how long I can use the assessment?
No. There is no time limit on free-of-charge access to the tool. Once you have set up your free member account and completed the self-assessment survey you can revisit it and re-generate the results as many times as you like. In fact, with new users adding benchmark data to the tool all the time, we actively encourage you to re-run your results to take advantage of this expanding benchmark data set.
We commit to making the tool available for the foreseeable future, and we will update the tool as and when improvements become necessary. If for any reason we have to discontinue the tool, we will provide prior written notice to everyone who has taken the time to complete the survey.
Who has produced the assessment?back to top
1.2. Signing up, Signing in, and managing your account
Will I have to sign up to use the collaboration maturity acceleration tool?
Yes, you need to register with us in order to use the assessment. To register, just click the "Register" link at the top right of the website.
The login that you will use for the assessment is separate from any other login for the Tibco website.
Do I need to provide an email address to sign up?
I have forgotten my password. Can I get a new one?
Visit the Reset Password page. You'll need to provide us with the email address you registered with: if it matches a customer record in our database we'll email a new password to that address. You will be given the chance to change the password to something more memorable the next time you login.
Why do I need to provide details about my geography, organization size and industry?
We use this information to benchmark your organization against others in the same geography, industry and of a similar size, which you can see if you choose to generate your personalised action plan report at the end of the self-assessment survey.back to top
1.3. Privacy and security
Who can see my information?
Is the assessment anonymous?
When calculating industry or geographic benchmark reports, the data provided to customers is completely anonymous. All reports and analysis work from anonymised, aggregated data.back to top
2. Working with the Self-Assessment
2.1. Creating, editing, saving, and restoring an assessment
How do I create a new assessment?
Once you have logged in, select [take the assessment] from the homepage. If you have completed any part of the survey before you will see an option to clear the data and start the survey again.
How long does it take to finish the assessment?
The self-assessment has around 40 questions, split into five sections: Organization, Strategy, Technology, Governance and Adoption. Assuming you have all the information available for these five sections, it should take no more than 30 minutes to complete. Don't worry if you do not have all the information to hand: you can save your work at any time and return to it at a later date, once you have the information to complete unanswered questions.
How do I calculate my assessment score?
Calculate your assessment score at any time by selecting the [get your results] link at the bottom of each section of the assessment survey. Your results will be generated automatically, and will tell you which parts of the survey have not been completed, if applicable.
How do I get the action plan report?
Once you have generated the results of the assessment survey, you will see a section on the results page called [taking further action]. From here you can click to download your detailed Collaboration Action Plan report.
Can I update my answers to the questionnaire?
Yes, you can amend your answers to the questionnaire and you can then generate an updated version of your personalized report.
What happens if I make a mistake? Do I have to undo all of my changes?
If you make a mistake, the assessment provides a couple of features to make it easy to correct things:
- If you want to correct an answer to a specific question (i.e. select completely agree instead of partially disagree, for example), just click on the corresponding radio button
- If you want to change a complete section, just press the [reset this section] button associated with that assessment section. All your answers in that section will be reset.
- If you want to undo all your changes since you last saved your work, go to the start of the assessment and use the [click here to clear the data and start again] link in the yellow box.
2.2. Using the assessment
How can I get help on answering the questions in the assessment?
The assessment offers context-sensitive help, in the form of popups that are provided for each section and subsection of the assessment. Just click on the [?] links next to section headings and subsection headings within the assessment.
How is the collaboration action plan report created?
The personalised action plan is produced using a model which maps your scores in each assessment section and subsection to a database of actions. The model also understands dependencies and relationships between sections, subsections and questions, and takes those into account when generating the action plan.back to top
3. Generating your personalized collaboration action plan report
What is the personalized collaboration action plan?
Once you have started out with the self-assessment, you can download your "personalized action plan" report. This professionally formatted report includes:
- the scores from the online report
- detailed benchmark comparisons for your industry, company size and geography
- (most importantly) a personalized action plan based on your responses to the self-assessment.
The PDF report is dynamically generated from your most recent self-assessment data each time you access it. This means you can work through the questionnaire once, download the report, and then – some time later, as you progress through your collaboration initiative – re-run questionnaire and obtain an updated report. There's no cost involved with this.
How do I access my report?
At any time during the self-assessment survey, you can choose to 'save your work' or 'get your results'. Click on 'get your results' and you will see your high-level benchmark result in the form of a spider diagram. On the right of that page you will see a yellow button with an invitation to 'click here to download your collaboration action plan personalized to your business needs'. Click there, and you will be prompted to download your automatically generated PDF report.
To access the report at any future time, just visit the Self-Assessment page.back to top